As you may have heard, Virginia has lifted the universal mask mandate, consistent with CDC guidance. Which means that some people are no longer required to wear a mask in many situations.
For more details, you can read the specifics of the newly amended Executive Order 72. And you can read the CDC guidance. Or, you can watch this video summarizing it.
With all of that in view, JRCC is going to adapt some of our house rules, in accordance with these new measures.
There are 2 theological principles that we are asking everyone to abide by:
- Honor the governing authorities that God has put in place over us. (Romans 13)
- Love your neighbor, even if you don’t agree with them, and do not judge them. (Romans 14)
Here are some specific applications of those principles that we are asking everyone to abide by:
- If you prefer to continue wearing a mask while inside our church building, you are free do so.
- If you fall into a category of people for whom masks are no longer required, then you are no longer required to wear a mask while inside our church building.
- If you fall into a category of people for whom masks are still required indoors, then we kindly ask that you wear a mask while inside our church building.
- If you see someone wearing a mask, please respect their freedom to do so, and love them by doing your best to socially distance from them unless they tell you otherwise.
- If you see someone not wearing a mask, please love them by assuming that they have a legitimate reason, and that they fall into one of the categories of people for whom masks are no longer required.
Over the past year, JRCC has sought to follow the CDC guidelines to the best of our ability. We have sought to honor the governing authorities. And to require what we are required to require. And to think of and relate to one another charitably. And we have sought to do so without compromising our unity in the Gospel. That alone should make every JRCC member feel incredibly grateful to the Lord for His grace in our midst.
Soli Deo Gloria.
James River Community Church