Greetings church family,
As you may have heard, Governor Northam enacted a new Executive Order on Friday (May 28) which further loosened some of the COVID restrictions in our state.
Here is the long and short of it:
- Mask are no longer required at a state level.
- Masks are recommended (but not required) for some segments of the population.
- Masks are still required for all people in certain locations (schools).
- Restrictions on gatherings, occupancy limits, and social distancing have been lifted.
In accordance with these new measures, we rearranged our furniture, so that people will have a little more freedom in where they choose to sit.
With all of that in view, we recognize that people still may have different comfort levels about distancing and masks. So, we are asking everyone to continue to be kind, and hospitable, and loving toward one another. Let’s be more committed to the gospel (that we all agree on) than to any other policy or position (that we may not agree on).
Here are some specific ways that we can do that:
- Masks and social distancing are no longer required for anyone while inside our church building.
- If you prefer to continue wearing a mask, you are free do so.
- If you see someone wearing a mask, please respect their freedom to do so, and love them by doing your best to socially distance from them unless they tell you otherwise.
- If you’d prefer to have some distance between your family and others during the service, you can place your belonging(s) on the chairs that you’d prefer to remain unoccupied.
- If you see belongings on chairs, please love the people who put them there by socially distancing from them and leaving those chairs unoccupied.
Thank you so much, friends!
We look forward to worshipping with you this morning!
James River Community Church